Monday, December 19, 2011

Order Up: Happy Birthday Jesse!

The order:
1 dozen chocolate cupcakes with buttercream icing

See that green guy right there? Yup, that's the inspiration for the cupcake order we did! Kris contacted me about a week ago and wanted to get a special birthday girl some cupcakes decorated like zombies...specifically from a show Invader Zim. She sent over some pictures and I picked the green guy cause, let's be honest, his tongue is adorable!

So into the kitchen I went, chocolate cupcakes were baked, icing was prepared and colored green. Then it was time to decorate.

First I added a layer of green buttercream. For the tongues I used some strawberry gum sticks. Then I added black lines to mimic the ones he had...and the eyes were piped with frosting, adding a dot of black them.
I think they turned out a little kick ass if I do say so myself. Each one looked similar but was unique! And they were so much fun to make! I debated using fondant to make the lines perfect, but I don't like the taste and I think that using buttercream gave each one their own personality!


They were boxed up and waiting for pickup and it was awesome that I got to watch Kris show Jesse the cupcakes! She told her she got her an Elmo cake - but really these bad boys were waiting for her!

Kris send me this picture of the birthday girl and her cupcakes! Apparently Klicious Cupcakes loves tailgates at the Eagles!

Happy birthday Jesse! Hope you enjoyed your Zombie suprise and the Eagles win just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment