Thursday, April 21, 2011

First Order = Signed, Sealed, Delivered!

Last week we received our first "official" order! To say I was excited was beyond words.



A co-worker of mine, Sandy, requested that I make her "a giant cupcake that I can eat all to myself" She has repeatedly told that "this is your gift child, and you need to take it and run with it". So I did. Her two requests were chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting, didn't matter how it was decorated.


With Easter coming around the corner, I decided to make her a basket of flowers. I started with the base and used the basket-weaving technique on the bottom, then added a star border, and rope piping at the top:


Once the base was complete, it was time to move onto the top. Earlier in the week, I made flowers from royal icing in a blue color, so I made pink and purple icing to add accent flowers. I piped grass along the edges, above the rope as part of the base of the cake. Next I used a star tip to add pink and purple flowers. Then placed the royal icing flowers, added the centers to the flowers and added more grass :)

The finished product took a train ride from my house into the city where it was delivered to Sandy this morning! I hope she enjoys the giant cupcake as much as I did making it!





Looking forward to sharing more photos and stories with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment