Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy 50th Birthday Mrs. Gibs!

The order:
A whole dessert table for Mrs. Gibby's 50th Birthday party!

Ok, so before I finish this blog, can I just say I'm totally slacking on this one? I did this order for the party at the beginning of December...but with the holidays, waiting for the pictures that we took professionally (*ahem* Stephie *ahem*), it just got away from me. But now I can't wait any longer, shall we get back to the good stuff?

So the "official" order was:
1 Dozen Reese's Love, 2 Dozen mini Reese's Love
1 Dozen Red Velvet, 2 Dozen mini Red Velvet
1 Dozen Oreo-Oh, 2 Dozen mini Oreo-Oh
1 Dozen Minty Girl Scouts, 2 Dozen mini Minty Girl Scouts
1 Dozen Chub Rub, 2 Dozen mini Chub Rub
1 Dozen Fluffy Elvis, 2 Dozen mini Fluffy Elvis
1 Dozen Snickers, 2 Dozen mini Snickers
1 Dozen Strawberries and Champagne, 2 Dozen mini Strawberries and Champagne
1 Dozen Death by Chocolate, 2 Dozen mini Death by Chocolate
1 Assorted box to take home
1 Table setup

About 2 weeks before the party, I secretly met with Christina(Gibby) and Samantha to discuss ideas. It was so awesome - I was pretty much given creative reign of the table. Gibby told me that they were going to have a bunch of candies and a cake from her mom's favorite bakery - which I think is adorable.

And can we give props to these two daughters? They spared no expense in planning this party for their mom. Mrs. Gibs is awesome and always goes above and beyond for everyone in her life and this was something they wanted to do to honor all her hard work - which I thought was awesome and more "kids" should be like them. And yes I can call them kids because I used to drive their asses back and forth from softball and tournaments, blasting *Nsync, drinking capri suns and eating cheddar whales :)

I digress.

So the day of the party, into the kitchen I went. The baking went pretty smoothly and all the cupcakes were done by 1 and then it was time for frostings and getting everything over to the hall. I was running late (shocker) so when I went to the hall, I looked like a creature!
Once I got to the hall, everything looked beautiful! The colors were purple and white, mini christmas trees were the centerpieces, and the dessert buffet table was beautiful! It was purple, with white, colored lights and beautiful containers of candy!

What do you think?

We layered boxes and covered with pretty table cloths. Then the cupcakes were arranged and candy was scattered around it. So that the people at the party would know what cupcake they were going to eat, I placed little chalkboard plaques with the names on them!

Hello pretty little things!



I loved loved loved making these cupcakes and the way that the table turned out! Feedback from Gibby was that they were enjoyed, that almost all the cupcakes were eaten - by the plateful - and everyone was raving about them! YAY we love to hear people happy.

I also love that we were able to provide them with a box of cupcakes to take home and enjoy the next day!

Happy Birthday Mrs. Gibby! I hope you were surprised and enjoyed your party to the fullest!!

2 comments: