Friday, January 27, 2012

Order Up: Happy Birthday Sahana!

The order:
2 dozen mini chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream

A week ago, one of my awesome co-workers Ambu asked me if I could make cupcakes for his daughter's birthday to take to school. Of course we could make them!

A little history - Ambu and I have been working together for about 8 years and I remember when he told us his wife was pregnant! It was so exciting! Look how adorable she is! (And seriously - how did she turn 4 already?) Enjoy that cupcake :)

Ambu's wife was great - she bought these cute little toppers to put on the cupcakes and didn't want any special decorations except colored sprinkles for the boys and girls! So into the kitchen we went on Wednesday night to bake these little bad boys. One catch? Ambu sent me a text asking if he could pick them up earlier than expected - and since he lives by Princeton, NJ, I couldn't tell him no.


No problem at all though, it was time to practice for Cupcake Wars. Making chocolate cupcakes has become second nature to me, so I quick mixed the ingredients for the chocolate cupcake and into the oven they went. While they were baking, no time to waste, it was onto making the frosting. Once the timer went off - out with the cupcakes and into the freezer to cool. All done within 27 minutes :) I was pretty proud of myself.

Ambu called and let me know he arrived, so out of the freezer they came, and into the box. Pretty buttercream swirls and pink and blue sprinkles were added, and away they go!

And a HUGE thank you to Ambu for providing great pictures!

Hello little cuppycakes!

Disney Princesses' for the girls; Spiderman for the boys!
For some reason, I really love the way the swirls look on this and the way the pink shows through!
Boxed up and left the building!


Happy Birthday Sahana - I hope you and your classmates (and mom and dad and your baby sister) enjoyed the cupcake treats! May your birthday be filled with laughs and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment