Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Order Up: Happy 2nd Birthday Molly!

The order:
1 Dozen Vanilla Cupcakes

Wow!  So sorry it took so long for me to get this together - I *just* realized that this blog was still in draft mode!  I'm so sorry it took so long!

A few weeks ago, I received an email asking if we could make Elmo cupcakes - which I have to say, Elmo is one of my favorite to make, so of course we were in!  Then it got even better, she wanted 6 Elmo and 6 Cookie Monsters!  Done and done!

Into the kitchen we went, baking away and making frosting so the coloring could set while the cupcakes cooled.  Once they were cool, it was time to assemble!

First up was pipping the "fur" onto the cupcakes!


Once that was finished, the cookies were assembled for the mouths, white chocolate rounds were made into eyes with a little bit of black frosting then placed onto the cupcakes.  Final touch for Elmo was an orange peanut M&M to give him a nose!  

Can I just say how I love Cookie's eyes?  Every time I make them and they are crooked I can't help but giggle!  What do you think?

Thank you so much for your order and the pictures, Kathy!  I think Molly likes her cupcakes and hope she had a wonderful time at her party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment