Monday, August 5, 2013

Order Up: Sunflower Baby Shower!

The order:
1 dozen vanilla cupcakes 
1 dozen chocolate cupcakes 
2 dozen cakepops 

Rachel strikes again! She contacted me a few days ago to place an order for her sister-in-laws baby shower! She told me the theme was sunflowers, so we did some searching online to find some inspiration and found 2 that matched perfectly. 

Into the kitchen we went! Rach and I had talked about using green cupcake wrappers but I found these adorable 'pots' that I was dying to bake with, so we used those instead.  Cupcakes were baked, frostings were made, and everything was cooling while we waited to decorate! 

Up first were the chocolate cupcakes in the little pots! I love how these turned out! 
 
Once they were frosted it was onto the vanilla! All boxed up and ready to go...and I still love our packaging! 

After the cupcakes it was time for cake pops! While I was frosting the cupcakes I had already made the cake pop insides and they were chilling in the freezer so I heated up the chocolate and started dipping those bad boys! Since my paper cutter went in the fritz when I was trying to make the flower to go around them, it was time to improvise with some yellow cupcake wrappers! 

What do you think? 

And how awesome is Rachel? She even sends me pictures of everything setup! Such an adorable cake table! 



Happy sunflower baby shower and I hope everyone enjoyed the sweets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment