Monday, May 9, 2011

Order up: Kelli's 17th Birthday!

The order: 12 chocolate chip cupcakes, buttercream icing, decorated with Pink/Purple for a birthday celebration.

This order was due to be ready on Saturday, and was an addition to the 2 orders I had on deck. I was excited to make these cupcakes for Megan's sister - because we all have a love for chocolate chips and buttercream icing :)

I decided to try the 'painting' technique we learned in decorating class, so I used pink, purple, and teal. After decorating the first few cupcakes and not getting the result that I wanted, I decided to make purple icing and I had these cute little party hat and cake picks that I used as additional decorations. Overall - these cupcakes looked adorable in the box! Jim came to pick them up on Saturday afternoon, so I sent them on their way.

Happy 17th Birthday Kelli - hope you enjoyed your cupcakes!

1 comment: