Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Order Up: Happy Birthday Kira!

The order:
3 Dozen Red Velvet
2 Dozen Vanilla
2 Dozen Chocolate
1 Dozen Red Velvet Cake Pops

A few weeks ago, I got an email from Val - she was beginning to plan her daughter's 13th birthday party - and they needed cupcakes. Her theme was teal and zebra print! Of course we were in!

Having watched plenty of episodes of cake boss, I have been dying to try zebra print fondant, but I am not a fan of the taste. I found a recipe that used marshmallows, vanilla and powdered sugar. While it is very sugary, it was still better than the boxed stuff!

So into the kitchen I went! I baked up all the cupcakes first, then made all of the frostings, then it was time for the fondant. Best part about working with fondant? Getting to use my pasta maker for the kitchen aid! That thing kicks ass.

Here was the first strip of zebra fondant.

Using a scalloped edge cookie cutter, I pressed out cupcake toppers:
Frosted the cupcakes with a beautiful teal frosting:
And then gently placed the fondant on top!
Then it was time to travel! All the little cupcakes went into their boxes and on our way we went!

First tray for Zebra cupcakes were placed onto their tray:

Little red velvets hanging out:
Had to add the birthday girls name!
Cupcakes and cake pops...does it get any better?
More cupcakes!
Sweet treat table! I loved the color theme and how cute they all turned out!
Enjoy!
Val did a wonderful job with all of the color coordination and the adorable decorations - this was by far one of the "funnest" tables we've decorated!

Happy Birthday Kira - we hope you had a wonderful party and got a little wild!

1 comment:

  1. We loved everything! Kira had a great time. By the time we saw her name the "A" had already been eaten...LOL! In fact the cakepops flew off the table, as well. The cupcakes were delicious (of course) and the set-up was perfection. By the way I loved my special treat of reese cup cupcakes, I had to split my last one five ways, it was hysterical! WE LOVE Klicious Cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete