Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Order Up: Baby Shower Celebration!

The order:
1 Dozen Chocolate Chip with Chocolate buttercream
1 Dozen Vanilla with Chocolate buttercream
1 Dozen Chocoalte with Vanilla buttercream
1 Dozen Red Velvet
1 Dozen Weezy's Carrot Cake

A few weeks ago, my moms friend from work contacted me about ordering cupcakes for the baby shower she was hosting for her daughter. At the time she wasn't sure about the response and wanted to talk through some ideas for what we could do to make the cupcakes special. I had an idea of a diaper cupcake and then using toppers to tie in the theme.

Maureen gave my mom a copy of the invitation - which was an animal theme with the colors of yellow, blue and green. When walking through Walmart one day, in the card section, I came across adorable stickers with assorted zoo animals on them! They were perfect. I then pulled out the scrap paper, paper cutters and got to work!

Once they were done, it was time to hit the kitchen to finish up the baking. Since we already had orders for Red Velvet and Chocolate, they were baked. That morning, it was time to make the vanilla, chocolate chip and Weezy's Carrot Cake.

First up were the vanilla. One the batter was made and put in the oven, it was time to start the carrot cake. I shredded the carrots, mixed up the cinnamon smelling batter and voila into the oven they went.

As the cupcakes finished up baking, I prepped the frostings and piping bags. Once the cupcakes were cooled, they were frosted and boxed up.

This order was one that I was taking to deliver and setup. I arrived at the restaurant and they did a great job at making it look adorable! The cake table was set up and already had some decorations so I got right to work.

First, I setup the cupcake stand and put the chocolate frosted cupcakes scattered on the stand. I topped each cupcake with one of the cupcake toppers and made sure Mr Giraffe was front and center on the top!


Seriously - isn't he adorable?
Next up, I set out the cake stand, topped with cupcakes, then added a larger cupcake pick to each one, then tied around them with a polka dot ribbon in the colors to accent. The front cupcakes were topped with tissue paper pics!


Hello little diaper cupcakes!

Lastly, we borrowed a silver platter from the restaurant to display the rest of the cupcakes. I set those up, added the cupcake toppers and voila!



I think the cupcake table came out adorable - what do you think?



Congratulations Maureen and Momma to Be - I hope you enjoyed your cupcakes and can't wait to hear when the baby arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment