Monday, November 14, 2011

Order Up: Wedding Day Treats!

The order:

3 Dozen mini Reese's Love
2 Dozen mini Red Velvet
2 Dozen mini Caramel Apple Pie



Last week we received an email from Gail, asking if she could place an order for Saturday - and of course, the answer was yes. She is a prior client who ordered cupcakes for her daughter's bridal shower - and we love repeat customers! And know what else is awesome about Gail - the only requirement she had was that we made sure there were 3 dozen Reese's Love - the other flavors she told me to pick from any orders I have that weekend! Whew, she makes life easy :)


So into the kitchen I go. First baked, the Reese's Love - which was nice to be able to make a batch and use them for all the orders of the weekend! Second baked were the Red Velvets...everytime I make the red velvets I think I put too much chocolate in them and they don't look "red" enough...then I have to remind myself that true red velvet is a chocolate based cake....and those creepy red ones you see at the stores are WAY too fake ;)


The last batch that we baked were the Caramel Apple Pie. Yup, that's a new flavor!! I had been experimenting with the recipe for a few weeks (don't worry, blog to follow) and why not let Gail and her group get the first "official" batch?!


Once the Reese's cooled, they were frosted and sprinkled with fall colored sprinkles!


Caramel apple cupcakes cored and filled!

Frosted with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting and topped with excess caramel...




Red Velvets boxed up and ready to go!


Funny story about this delivery - as I was driving down, I realized that I wasn't sure what the occassion was for - Gail didn't need any custom decorations, just the cupcakes as they were. Well when I arrived and was walking to the door, I heard "Oh it's the cupcake lady" and her daughter was there with her veil on, hair and makeup done! It was her wedding day!


How adorable for her mom to order cupcakes to enjoy while getting ready for her big day!


Thank you for your order Gail - I hope the day was amazing and Congratulations to the new Mister and Misses!

No comments:

Post a Comment