Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Order Up: Bridal Shower!

The order:
3 Dozen mini Reese's Love
2 Dozen mini Strawberries and Champagne
2 Dozen mini Red Velvet

A week ago, we took a call from Gail who was at the baby shower that we did the weekend of Barb's wedding and she wanted to place an order for the weekend of the tasting party for her daughter's bridal shower. Eeeeeeeeeeeep. But how could we turn it down?

I spoke with Gail a few times and she just said she definitely wanted the Reese's and Strawberries and Champagne and to make whatever else we wanted to that wasn't chocolate. No problem at all!

Gearing up for the tasting party, we had so much going on that being able to stop and concentrate on an order was wonderful! (Side note: Friday night my allergies were acting up so much that I had to stop and take a nap in the middle of the day because I was afraid I was coming down with the flu that everyone kept getting...so I was a little behind!)

Late Friday night - I went into the kitchen to prep all of the cupcakes for baking. First up were the Reese's Love. Know what I like about the minis? I don't have to unwrap them since I am able to use the unwrapped minis. Love.

After that, it was time for the Strawberries and Champagne and Red Velvets. Another cool thing? The order for later in the day on Saturday was almost the same, so baking the batches of cupcakes, I was able to get through both orders pretty quickly! Another blog to follow on that one!

Once everything was baked, it was boxed up for safe storing overnight and it was up early on Saturday to get to making frostings and frosting some cupcakes! First up were the Reese's...mmmm peanut butter. Since they were small, I topped them off with a Reese's Pieces. How cute? And the colors were perfect for the first day of October!

Next up? Cream Cheese for the Red Velet, topped with some red sprinkle accents and then onto the strawberry buttercream. Since these guys are so little, putting a full chocolate covered strawberry on top doesn't work out so well, so we put a slice of strawberry and topped with chocolate sprinkles. Yummmmmmy.


Once these bad boys were boxed up, they were set out for delivery and arrived in style! Congratulations and best wishes to the bride to be!


(Sorry for the crappy photos - didn't have either camera and these were taken from my phone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment