Monday, October 24, 2011

Order Up: happy 6th Birthday Skylar!

The order:
1 Dozen Vanilla cupcakes
1 Dozen Chocolate cupcakes
1 Dozen assorted premiums

What can we say? There's been a bit of a lag in the girl's orders lately so we're SO excited to get to make Skylar's "Rock Star" birthday cupcakes! Karen emailed me a few weeks ago that she wanted to place an order for Skylar's birthday and that the theme was Justin Bieber/Rock Star. Soooooooo that day I hit up 5 and Below and found some JB stickers and knew I wanted to make picks to go on top of the cupcakes.

Remember the order I mentioned here? Well since that was the same weekend, I was able to have a good mix for the party! Included were Take Pride, Death by Chocolate and Oreo Oh Oh. Quick picture before we get to the good stuff!


So into the kitchen we went - making up the chocolate and vanilla goodnes, turning buttercream the perfect shade of pink, and adding some purple sprinkles. YUMMMMMMMMMM city!


Earlier in the week while watching TV, I made the cupcake picks...since these were going to be transported to the party, I didn't want to put them on and have them look sloppy once we got there. Once we arrived, there was setup on the tray, added the picks to the cupcakes, along with some blow up microphone accessories and adorable rock star napkins, and voila, 24 cupcakes fit for a Rock Star!!!

Of course I had to make the birthday girl's name! I love these glitter letters and think they turned out adorable!
Happy 6th birthday Skylar, hope you were a total rockstar and enjoyed every minute of your party!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment