Monday, October 31, 2011

Order Up: Happy 2nd Birthday Addison!

The order:

3 Dozen Red Velvet
2 Dozen Vanilla Chocolate Chip
1 Jumbo Cupcake


A few weeks ago, Jamie emailed me to place an order for her daughter's 2nd birthday party. Through emails, I got all of the details down - where the party was going to be (at a local pumpkin patch), that the theme was pumpkins and Addison loves Dora the Explorer. Sounds like the perfect match for Klicious!


After she picked her order, It was time to figure out how to incorporate Dora and pumpkins together...no problem - the "kid" cupcakes would get the Dora cupcake picks and the Red Velvet would be decorated to look like pumpkins. I was able to do some google images and come up with a few ideas in my head.


The jumbo cupcake, I wanted to make sure that this was something special for the birthday girl that incorporated both themes. I am in love with the glitter letters that I found at ACMoore and I decided to make cupcake picks with her name on them :




So girly - I love the colors! When it came to decorating, I wanted to use the new piping tip I got to see if I could make the cupcake look like giant roses. I didn't color the frosting because I didn't want too much going on.

I also told Jamie that I would pick up a #2 candle and while I was there, found a little Dora fall set! It had a little pumpkin, and 2 pie pieces - it was so cute that I had to pick it up to complete the look of the cupcake!
How adorable is that? And it completely ties it together!! I love the way this turned out!

Before I get into the pumpkins, I have to say that poor Jamie had to change her ENTIRE plan for the party from the local pumpkin patch to a game center for the kids because of the snow storm! Really? Snow in October. Mother Nature really is on a tear this year.



With all of the changes, Jamie did decide to keep the pumpkin theme which was so exciting and I loved making them! I love googling different images and then being able to replicate them! What do you think?



These are Red Velvets and you can't even tell!


Pretty boxes of cupcakes!

Next up were the kid's cupcakes. Earlier in the week, I found Dora stickers and made cupcake picks. Then it was time to bake the chocolate chip cupcakes and get them ready for frosting and decorating. I happened to pick up yellow and orange sprinkles which matched really cute with the cupcakes and tied it all together nicely!


What do you think?


Dora really is on the move!




Happy 2nd Birthday Addison - hope you had a fun birthday party and got lots of good presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment