Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wedding Love: Silka and Frank!

The order:
30 Red Velvet
30 Chocolate with Cream Cheese Frosting
30 Vanilla with Cream Cheese Frosting

Wow. Where to even begin with this blog.

First, I want to apologize for it being oh, 2 months late.

Second. This order was so dear to my heart. This event was years in the making and even as I sit here now thinking about it, it makes my heart swell with happiness. This order was for my best friend, Silka's, wedding. I've watched her relationship with Frank develop ,over the 7 years I've known her, into something pretty amazing. No it wasn't always rainbows and butterflies, but they made their relationship work for them, and I certainly learned a lot from it.

Now that the sappiness is out of the way, let's get to the good stuff. Her wedding was on a Friday night, which meant I got to take off of work and get up to NY. Thursday night was baking night and that went pretty smoothly...except it went very late so instead of heading to NY like the plans called for, Steph and I waited until Friday morning.

Upon getting to NY, we had lunch at her mom's house and took a little bit to relax since we couldn't get into the venue until 7 PM. Then the heat was on.

We arrived, got to the hall and got to frosting. While Steph swirled her life away, I was setting up the table and arranging the lifts and making sure the drapery worked. It was team in motion! Once that was completed, we arranged the cupcakes into their wrappers - red and gold - to color coordinate!

Now, onto the good stuff, the pictures!

Here's a picture of the table all set up!

Side view!

Cutting the cake! (Confession, I didn't make the cake, but bought a small one and decorated it with the leftover flowers used in her hair!)

Hello pretty little vanilla babies!


Beautiful chocolates. I loved these wrappers!
And I can't miss an opportunity for a photo op! From left to right, Isis, Silka and I...they are more than friends, they are my family and like sister to me. I can't even explain how amazing they are.


It was a wrap once we made sure the bride got her cupcake...I think that smile says she loved it all!

Congratulations Silka and Frank and may you have many more years of wonderful, wedded bliss...and cupcakes ;)

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cupcakes, gorgeous bride!! Congratulations Silka!!! Great job, Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for everything! The cupcakes were awesome as usual. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, cupcakes were awesome as usual. So happy the wrappers worked out! Kel, we love u like a fat kid loves cake...cupcakes that it!

    ReplyDelete