Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Order Up: Thanksgiving Pot Luck!

The order:
3 Dozen cupcakes

My amazing cousin Michelle - who I've already told you about has done all of my graphic work. She's branched out and created a whole etsy site, has her own website and Facebook page, contacted me a while ago about wanting cupcakes for a Thanksgiving pot luck dinner that she was attending.

But stop. If you haven't already done so, go check out her blog and "Like" her on Facebook. NOW. Go.

Good little cupcakes :)

So the only thing Michelle said is that she would like a fall flavor included in the order - which will be the Caramel Apple Pie. Knowing she also loves the Reese's Love and Red Velvet, I decided to make her a number of minis so she can mix and match.

We also talked about making them look "fall" - but I wasn't about to put a turkey or anything on them, so I rolled out some fondant for the Reese's Love and made little leaves. I hate the way some fondant tastes, so I made them thin and put them on top so if people didn't want to eat, they didn't have to! So once the decorating was done, they were boxed up and ready to go!

Happy little Reese's Love and Red Velvets!

Close up of the leaves...I think they matched the icing and sprinkles perfectly!


Since the Caramel Apple Pie were included, I decided to make little apples out of fondant to place on top as well! How cute!


Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy!



Hope you had a yummy dinner and enjoyed your pot luck Michelle!

1 comment: