Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Order Up: Brendan's Graduation!


The Order:

1 Dozen basic chocolate

1 Dozen basic vanilla



Again, another order for Erin. She's the best :)



When talking about Ava's cupcakes, she also mentioned that she would need cupcakes for Brendan's graduation. No problemo...but left me wondering - "OMG I remember when I first met Erin and Brendan was still using a bottle and in diapers - CHRIST I feel old!" Once I got past the shock of that it was onto the designs and baking!



As we talked, it was discussed that they are considered "ducks"...which is awesome because I found the perfect little cucpake toppers - little yellow duckies and little graduation duckies! So again, into the kitchen we went!

Since these were pretty simple, I used yellow and orange cupcake wrappers, frosted with white icing and some yellow sprinkles, then the little ducks went on top!




There was a little drama as I was getting ready to leave, I realized I couldn't find my extra roll of polka dot ribbon to wrap around, so I added pretty ribbon that I had around the house. Also, one tray of cupcakes almost took a turn for the worst...as I was carrying them to the table, they almost slipped right out of my hand - MAN DOWN - but I was able to save it, touch some of them up and add more sprinkles and get them out the door! So glad it wasn't a huge disaster.




Brendan, hope you had a 'quacking' good time at graduation!

Erin, hope you didn't cry too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment