Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Order up: Suprise Party Cupcakes!

The order:

12 Reese's Love

12 Strawberries and Champagne

12 Red Velvet


One of Steph's friends, Regina sent us a request to make cupcakes for her sister's suprise party - of course we were in! The order was due for pick up on Saturday, June 25th. Again, I get so excited to make cupcakes! Into the kitchen we go again - what a baking whirlwind! Friday night, the cupcakes were baked and set to cool. After rising from some good sleep on Saturday morning, tending to the 4 legged monster, it was back into the kitchen.


I like to make the icing fresh right before the cupcakes are frosted, and I think I still has some sleepies in my eyes because I was trying to catch my coordination and it wasn't working! First batch of icing was the strawberries and champagne - which I started with because I like to give that icing time to "set" since it does contain fresh fruit. Once that was complete, it was time to dip the strawberries.


Next up was the Reese's Love - this is temptation in a piping bag! I have a love affair with peanut butter - I'd probably eat it everyday if I could...but today it was going right onto these pretty little cupcakes! Once they were done and safely resting in their little box, it was time to tackle the cream cheese frosting for the Red Velvet. I know - I think the same thing - like how hard can it be to make cream cheese frosting? Exactly - it's the simple ones that I sometimes struggle with - I find myself constantly bringing out the recipe for them to make sure I "get it right" because who wants to screw up the simple ones? And when it was done, it was done right :)


Hello little Red Velvet!



This was one order, that thankfully after the Friday incident, I was glad was being picked up! Regina text me when she was on her way - I gathered up the little boxes and had them all ready to go!



Thank you Regina for letting us make these treats for your party and wishing your sister a very Happy Suprise Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment