Monday, August 8, 2011

Order Up: Happy 1st Birthday Laney!

The order:
2 dozen cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, decorated as cartoon ladybugs


Steph's friend Meghan emailed her about the new cupcake business and asking if we could make ladybug cupcakes. Of course Steph told her we could!

After a few email exchanges with Meghan - we realized that she didn't want traditional red lady bugs, but something that matched pink and purple and was a bit more cartoonish. Sold!

Into the kitchen we went, and since I'm a girly girl and pink was mentioned, I knew I wanted to do the majority of the ladybug in pink. And besides, she got these ADORABLE little boxes to put the cupcakes in! http://www.1stwishes.com/LadyBugs-Cupcake-Box/66792/PartyItemDetail.aspx

After I mixed up the frosting colors, I was putting circles out of frosting to make the dots and they weren't coming out just right, so I decided to use Reese's Pieces to make the dots on the back. Then I used a purple-ish colored frosting for the lines and antennas, used a star tip for the yes and then added little blue sprinkles for the eyes and little white sprinkles to top off the antennas. What do you think?
Hello little Laney-bugs ;) I think they turned out adorable and look very cartoonish!
After they were complete, it was time to be boxed up and ready to go!









Happy 1st Birthday Laney - hope you enjoyed your cupcakes and your birthday celebration!


No comments:

Post a Comment