Friday, August 26, 2011

Order Up: Happy Anniversary Sam and Dave!

The order
1 Vanilla Sampler pack

A few weeks ago, one of Steph's friends Sam, emailed me asking if I would be able to make a special order for her and her boyfriend, to celebrate their one year anniversary. How awesome- of course I said yes!

And how adorable is she for getting him cupcakes as part of the celebration?? I don't care what you say, guys love gestures like that. Since this was an order for Thursday night (and since ya know, I still have that fulltime thing called work - boo) I decided to make the cupcakes before heading into work on Thursday morning. The night before, I prepped up the fillings and one of the icings.

In my mind, this was going to be an easy breezy order. Not. As I was doing my prep work to make the batter, I went to turn the oven on and saw that the oven light was flashing. Hmm, ok - reset the time and pre-heat the oven. Batter is made, cupcake liners are filled, and cupcakes put in the oven. Approximate cooking time is about 18-20 minutes - just enough time for me to jump in the shower. This is where it gets funny - well not really when you have a head full of shampoo and the lights, air conditioning, turn off. So I quickly finish up my shower and that's when I have the thought "If the power goes off, no oven?" I quickly run into the kitchen and it's a confirm. There may have been some explicits shouted.

As I begin contemplating what to do, I decide to leave the oven door shut as to keep the existing heat going and monitor the cupcakes to see if they will finish baking. About 5 minutes later, everything kicks back on, so I turn the oven on, set the timer for about 3 minutes. Time check and they were done! Since there was the minimal disaster, I of course had to taste test. They passed ;)

After a day at work, it was time to go home and get these bad boys frosted and ready to go! As I was thinking about the sampler pack and going to make the cookie dough cupcakes and fill them - I realized that something wasn't right with that filling (insert panic feelings AGAIN)...quick thinking and I decided to switch up the pack. Instead of cookie dough, insert Snickers...only in the vanilla. Here we go before the decoration touches were added - Oreo Oh Oh, Strawberries and Champagne, and Vanilla Snickers -


To celebrate their one year, I made cupcake picks(new addiciton by the way - stay tuned for all the adorable ones that have been created!) that were inserted into each cupcake. We had some for the occassion:

Some with initials and pretty flowers/sayings:


Look at how adorable the cupcake picks are! I think they make the cupcakes adorable without being too "girly".


Happy Anniversary Sam and Dave - hope you had a wonderful night celebrating and wishes for many many more!

1 comment: