Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Test Recipe: Success!


Request: Snickers Cupcake

A few weeks ago, one of our customers sent us a request for a future order, but it had a twist. Having tasted the Reese's Love, she knew she wanted a dozen of those - but also wanted to know if we made a Snicker's cupcake.

Challenge accepted.

After doing a few searches (google magic my friends!) I decided to take ideas from the recipes that I liked best, mix and match and create my own Snickers cupcake.

First decision was a chocolate cake as the base of the cupcake. Simple right? Wrong - there was a new technique that I read about that I wanted to try - cooking the butter and sugar before creaming them together. After a few test batches (yes there was some burned butter), the batter came out just right. The result? A fluffy, moist(have I ever mentioned how much I hate that word? Well I do, but there's no other description out there) cupcake.



Next up - the great dilemma of using ingredients to make the cupcake taste like a Snickers, or actually using a Snickers. After some thought (and more google searches to find some pattented information that I just wasn't going to find), I decided to use actual Snickers. And I wasn't about to bake a full snickers inside the cupcake. The solution? Chop them up into little pieces, mix it with some homemade caramel sauce and fill the cupcakes! Um, yum.



After that it was time for frosting. To round out the experiece, we started with a basic vanilla buttercream icing, drizzle in more of the homemade caramel sauce, add some heavy cream and voila - heaven in your mouth. Serioulsy, give me a bowl of this with a spoon and I'd be a happy, happy girl.



Now onto the good part - the pictures! Thanks to Steph for taking time out of her day to take these pictures!




So there you have it, the Snickers cupcake was born (catchy clever name to be decided and the website will be updated soon!). We took this test batch to girls' night and the response was SO positive. We even converted our Michelle (http://www.michellebaron.com/ - go check her out. Right now.) who is in love with our Reese's Love said "OMG this is the best cupcake ever - it's so moist. I think I have a new favorite flavor!".



Now you know you want to order them, so why wait?

1 comment:

  1. I want some now! LOL maybe it will make this icky rainy Monday better?

    ReplyDelete