Monday, August 8, 2011

Order Up: Happy Birthday Matt!

The order:
2 Dozen Red Velvet with Buttercream frosting

For those of you who don't know, Steph, Katie, Matt and I did the Irish Pub Tour de Shore 2 weekends ago. It's a 65 mile bike ride from Philly (Irish Pub 20th and Walnut) to Atlantic City (Irish Pub). It was tough, but it was such an accomplishment and I can't wait to do it again! Also, it was Matt's birthday, but since we were pedaling, the celebration was on hold until the next weekend.

Prior to the ride, I decided that I wanted to sponsor our little team. Since we couldn't do anything huge, we had my cousin Michelle draw up some TShirts. They were AWESOME, so everyone who came to meet us and the 4 of us had tee shirts. It was also on the ride that Matt and I solidified our FB friendship.

So Katie asked me if I could make her cupcakes to bring to her brother's celebration - how could I say no? So it was off to the kitchen to get to baking. First off, the cupcakes were baked (duh!), then frosted with buttercream.




To finish them off, I added red sprinkles and boxed the little bad boys up.



Final result? Pretty little cupcakes ready to go for a celebration!




Happy Birthday Matt - hope you enjoyed every bite...65 miles again next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment