Friday, July 29, 2011

Order Up: Happy Birthday Kathy!

The order:


1 dozen mini Reese's Love


1 dozen mini Margaritaville




My friend Alison emailed me last week asking if she can order cupcakes for her mom's birthday, and of course I said yes. Funny story - Alison and I knew each other in high school (Huberts, 1998 tyvm) and about 2 years ago I was walking down the hallway at work and went "Man she looks familiar". Turns out - it was her who was walking down the hall! It's funny to know someone who understand the catholic school upbringing, being a Hubert's Bambi, and now sharing the insanity of the place of my employment. She was lucky to escape.



So back to the cupcakes.




For the mini cupcakes, we typically do not split the minumum order of 24, but since I was feeling nice that day, I decided what the hell. Not really just me being nice, but since the tasting party is still in the works, who am I to deny someone wanting 2 flavors. But no, we will not split the dozens into 6 and 6, so don't even ask :)




Since these were suprised cupcakes and Alison didn't need them until later on Thursday night, I decided to make them when I got home from work. As with our other order for the company picnic, the mini Reese's went in at the same time as the big guys. Only difference here? Smaller Reese's inside and Reese's Pieces on top. They still look and taste adorable:



After we found our lost shaker of salt, salt, salt, salt (hahaha, do what if you don't laugh, I did!), it was time to frost, sprinkle some sugar, and add little straws to these mini's.


After that it was time hop into the box to await the pick up! Hello little ones!



And it's not complete until is wrapped with ribbon and a label attached!




Happy Birthday Kathy, hope you get to waste away in margaritaville!

2 comments:

  1. Kel, these were awesome! Everyone loved them. I don't think she could choose which one she liked better. Maybe you need to make a chocolate lime? Haha! Thanks again for making her birthday sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime! Chocolate lime...hmmm might have to try these out!

    Thank you again for your order!

    ReplyDelete