Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Order Up: Happy 1st Birthday Jaelyn!

The order:
2 dozen vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream
2 dozen chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream

The cupcake theme? Oh The Places You'll Go!

How adorable right? This order was for Christine, a return customer who we made the Jumbo Yankees cupcake for her husband. She emailed me to ask if we do work with fondant (not yet, still practicing!) and that her daughter's first birthday was coming up and the theme was Dr. Suess. Each table was going to be a book! I loved this idea the minute she mentioned it!!!

This order was due on Sunday, so once again it was up early and into the kitchen baking. I honestly couldn't wait to make these cupcakes since I just got a new piping tip that is a circle and knew that it wouldn't have to be "exactly" perfect because the book itself is all swirly and twirly!! She asked that I did stick with pink, yellow and blue for the icing so that it would match - no problem at all!

Once the vanilla and chocolate cupcakes were made, they were set to cool and the icings were made and colored. Then it was time to prepare the bags and get to piping! Swirl, swirl, star and voila!

As they were being finished, I was lucky enough to have Steph be at my house (to shoot pictures for Luli's new fashion line - stay tuned for the launch of her webstore!) and she was able to take pictures of the cupcakes and even get an action shot! Look at that pretty star!

Once they were frosted, I packed up and headed out to Fairmount Park to deliver the cupcakes to the birthday girl! Once I got there, I asembled the cupcakes and placed cupcakes pics on top that had all the various quotes from the book! I forgot to take a final picture before I left, but here is a shot while singing happy birthday! Too cute!


Happy 1st Birthday Jaelyn and it is true - just think of all the places you'll go!

No comments:

Post a Comment