Monday, July 18, 2011

Order up: Barb's Bridal Shower!

The order:
2 Dozen Reese's Love
1 Dozen Strawberries and Champagne
1 Dozen Chub Rub
1 Dozen Vanilla with Vanilla Buttercream
1 Dozen Chocolate with Chocolate Buttercream

It was a no-brainer to me when Steph mentioned to me that the 10 bridesmaids were starting to plan Barb's bridal shower that I would be making cupcakes for it. Barb has been awesome and commenting on our pictures and "like-ing" our status on facebook that I couldn't pass up an opportunity to make some cupcakes for her to try!

Since the shower was on Sunday, we decided to bake a batch of the cupcakes on Saturday night, the others bright and early on Sunday. Good thing I'm an early bird!

After the cucpakes baked and cooled, it was time to get to decorating. First up - Reese's Love. I needed to make sure these were perfect, just for Barb since they are the ones she has been drooling over! After that, had to get a little Chub Rub going - I forgot how fun they are to make...I mean really how can you go wrong with chocolate, marshmellow filling, topped with fudge and graham crackers? You can't...and it was fitting since it was so stinking hot that day and my chubby thighs were rubbing together!


Since I was not just baking for the party, I was attending, it was time to get packed up, get pretty and get out of there! Steph came over and took 1/2 of the cupcakes with her to get them there and setup, I arrived with the rest (after getting a little lost!) Cupcakes were setup and looked so pretty on the cupcake stands!

The theme of the shower was a luau theme, so we had to throw in some beach, ocean, and umbrellas!



Hello little fishes...and how cute are the sunbathing gummy bears lounging on their rafts?




And the results of the cupcakes? Tons of rave reviews - all 72 cupcakes were gobbled up...I don't even know if there were any crumbs! That definitely made me smile :)


These were kid tested (And could Joey be any cuter???),
and mother approved!


Best wishes Barb and Kev for a long, happy, healthy marriage! Can't wait for the wedding 9-10-11!

No comments:

Post a Comment