Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Order Up: Wedding After Party!

The Order:
6 Reese's Love
6 Weezy Carrot Cake
6 Red Velvet
6 Vanilla with Vanilla buttercream

I know this order may seem a bit whacky to you, but you have to understand, Aunt Louise (aka Weezy) is my aunt and my godmother, so whatever she wants, she gets :) We usually don't split the dozens, but with enough orders going out this weekend, I was able to make the orders and utilize any excess to get these done!

Anywho, Weezy emailed me last week, asking if I could make cupcakes for the after party of Christopher and Jessica's wedding - who happens to be her neighbor Cathy, who we've known pretty much our whole lives! Amazing when you see people who you remember from when you were little getting married - brings such a smile to my face. Of course, I was in!

After the meltdown on Saturday, I took a little while and went to rest in the yard with Winston, give myself a little pep talk, and get back to it. Since the wedding was going until 10 PM, it wasn't a rush.

First batch I made was the carrot cakes. I put a lot of attention into making each batch of cupcakes, but since I was making the cupcakes for the recipe creator, it was time to make sure they were extra perfect! And I must say, they turned out exactly how Weezy's carrot cake tastes! Once they were frosted with cream cheese frosting, I added green pearl details as the wedding colors were green and purple. And yes, there were more than just 6 cupcakes of each...I couldn't resist!


After that, I made up the Reese's Love and had the extra vanilla cupcakes from a morning order. I frosted the vanilla with a purple icing and added the same green pearl details. The Reese's speak for themselves.


Congratulations Chris and Jess and I wish you a happy future together...filled with love and cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment