Friday, July 29, 2011

Order up: Company Picnic!

The order:
1 Dozen Margaritaville
2 Dozen Reese's Love

Last night as I was on the train home, my uncle FB messaged me to ask if I was baking that night, turns out I was! He decided to place an order (us Ulrichs, always waiting til the last minute...) for his company picinic and a dozen for his family! How nice is he to send a dozen cupcakes home when he isn't there? And how could resist more exposure?

After a quick stop to pick up fresh key limes, it was home and into the kitchen. I baked up the Reese's Love first, since they take a shorter amount of time. As they were baking, the batter for the Margaritaville's were prepped.

A side note about these - if you aren't a straight margarita fan, you will not like this cupcake. It is made with fresh lime juice, zest and tequilla in the batter and in the icing. Some people like them, some people hate them...it's all about personal preference!

Anywho. Reese's Love out and cooling, Margos in the oven to cook. As they were cooking/cooling, I began making the frostings. Since the Reese's were done cooling, it was time to swirl some frosting and get those bad boys boxed up.





After that, right onto the other little guys. Since it was a picnic, I wanted to add a little detail to make it summery, so coconut tree straws were added along with some green sugar, and Voila: happy cupcakes.



Twelve little monkeys sitting on the cupcakes, one fell off and bumped his head..


Ok enough of that! And next time I'm going to take a bet...the one dozen went home to 3 teenage-early 20s boys...I'm pretty sure it only took a few minutes for half of those to be devoured! Don't forget the milk!




Enjoy the perfect day for a picnic, along with the delicious treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment