Monday, July 18, 2011

Order up: Block Party!

The order:
1 dozen Reese's Love
1 dozen Strawberries and Champagne

The donation:
2 dozen chocolate with vanilla buttercream
2 dozen vanillla with vanilla buttercream

This order came up thanks to my Uncle Michael - he emailed me that Kelly was having a block party and looking for donations. Since we're trying to get our name out there and reach more people, I was in.

I emailed Kelly to let her know that I would be interested in making a donation. I sent her the link to our FB page and to the website and from there the gears got going! Once she saw the flavor list, she decided to place an order!

Friday night, I decided to bake half of the cupcakes so that I wasn't pressed for time on Saturday. Once they were done, my besties from NY came down, so we took a little break.

Saturday morning, it was up and at 'em to finish the baking and get the icings prepared. It's funny how time seems to fly by and you get things done when you have entertainment!

The first batch of cupcakes to be frosted were the Reese's Love. Of course - how can you go wrong with those?!?
Next up? Strawberries and Champagne. I left out the Champagne since I knew kids would be around and didn't want them to get into the wrong hands!


After that it was time to frost and sprinkle the vanilla cupcakes. Since there was talk about a cupcake eating contest, I decided not to go crazy with the decorations and just added colored sprinkles!

Once those pretty little cupcakes were done, it was time for the chocolate.


Once all the cupcakes were frosted and decorated, it was time to box them up and send them on their merry way to be delivered to the block party!




Once we arrived, we were greeted by 2 HUGE slip and slides and lots of people having a good time!


Well Kelly, I hope you and your block enjoyed the cupcakes and let us know if you had the eating competition!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry my post is so late I just figured out how to post a comment LOL! The cupcakes were DE-LISH!!! The cupcake eating contest was great I will email you some pics. The kids and adults had a blast participating and said the cupcakes were so yummy! And my guests raved about the Reese's Love and the Strawberries. Thanks Kelli!!!

    ReplyDelete