Monday, July 25, 2011

Order Up: Tee Time for Charity!

The donation:
1 Dozen standard cupcakes decorated in a golf theme
1 Dozen premium cupcake gift certificate

A friend of mine Katrina contacted me a few weeks ago asking if I would be interested in helping with a donation for their company's, ServePro, annual golf outing that benefits the McKeown Foundation, that is involved in a lot of things related to Alzheimer's Disease. As soon as I found out about that, I was in since Alzheimer's is a disease that hits home for me as I lost both of my grandparents on my mom's side to this disease. Seeing the impact that this disease has not only to those who have it, but their loved ones as well, I am in support of any types of research. I know that my Pop-Pop and Grammie are up in heaven watching down on me now and how they would both love my chocolate cupcakes :)

Man, this was a busy week in the kitchen! Since there were a lot of orders going out, I was able to provide more than just 12 cupcakes. In thinking about this order, I knew I wanted to pipe the cupcakes to look like grass, add some graham cracker crumbs to have a "sand trap"
As I got to decorating, a light bulb went on when I remembered that I bought little golf ball cupcake picks! How perfect to place them all over. Looks like a hole when you're golfing huh?


Final touch I added was a flag for the 18th hole.

I was SO happy with the way these turned out! I actually want to make a larger scale version of these the next time we head to the country club for a round of golf with Rich's dad for an event! I also noted next time that I'll smooth out some of the cupcakes for the "fairway" and smooth some out around the flag for for the putting greens!


Overall - I will call this a order a hole in one and can't wait to find out who the lucky winner of the gift certificate is! Good luck golfers!

No comments:

Post a Comment