Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Order Up: Baby Shower!

The order:
1 Dozen Reese's Love
1 Dozen Oreo Oh Oh
1 Dozen Cookie Dough

A few weeks ago in early August I was contacted by my friend Barb's future mother in law Mrs. G. A few of her friends attended Barb's Bridal shower and she wanted to place an order for cupcakes for an upcoming baby shower. No problem at all...at least that's what we thought.

Mother Nature unfortuantely had other plans. In the form of Hurricane Irene. How lucky are we right? I spoke with Mrs. G and she let me know that sadly they were going to postpone the shower for a later date since the venue and everything else was going to be closed that day.

2 weeks later, I received an email telling me that the shower was back on schedule for September 11th. I just giggled because I realized that was the day after the wedding of the year - for Barb and Kev.

After having a great time celebrating at their wedding, it was wake and bake time in my household early on Sunday morning. And no, not *that* kind of wake and bake.

First up were the Reese's Love. I feel like I'm on autopilot whenever I make these anymore! Next up were the Oreo Oh Oh, followed by the Cookie Dough.

Once everything was baked and cooled, it was time to make the frosting. First up, the peanut butter frosting and get it swirled onto those badboys. I think my swirls are getting better...what do you think? It's fun to switch up the different tips to see the effect that you get:


Once they were done, I attached our signature wrapping to the outside and away they went to be stored until delivery. Does it get any cuter?
Once they were done, it was time for the oreo. Note to self: oreos crushed in frosting is not easy to use a piping tip...get thee a spatula and make an oreo frosting mound! Lesson learned ;) Once frosted, they were topped with oreo sprinkles and 1/2 an Oreo cookie:


I thought these were so cute, I couldn't resist a closeup.


Last but not least, the Cookie Dough time. I saved these for last, since they are a 4 step cupcake. Bake, Core, Fill, Frost. Since I was on a roll, I forgot to take a picture of the cupcakes after they were cored and filled, but know that there is a little nugget of cookie dough goodness that hides below the pillow of vanilla buttercream. We topped these with a chocolate chip,
and put them in their happy place.



Thankfully at delivery time, the rain and hurricanes stayed away and we were able to safely transport to the event without an issue.


We hope that the Mom-to-be enjoyed her cupcakes and wishes for a happy and healthy time until Birthday!!!

1 comment: