Monday, September 19, 2011

Order Up: Suprise Birthday Delivery!

The order:

1 Dozen Premium Cupcakes - 6 Carrot Cake, 6 Death by Chocolate

I know I know, before you ask, no, typically we do not split dozens into multiple flavors. However this order was special.


Theresa contacted me about 5 months ago after she heard about the cupcakes and wanted to place an order to suprise her sister for her birthday in September. How could I say no to that - i think it's adorable that she sent something to her sister since she couldn't be there with her to celebrate - being that she lives alllllllll the way across the US in Portland!

Well the weekend was finally here! Since I had a busy weekend, it was up early and heading home from NY, arriving right into my kitchen. The chocolate cupcake batter was prepared and the cupcakes went into the oven and were set out to cool.

While cooling, the chocolate mousse for the filling was made and put in the fridge to set. Next on was preparing the chocolate buttercream. Once cooled, I cored the cupcakes and piped sweet chocolate mousse into the center of each cupcake:

Then topped each with chocolate buttercream swirls. Doesn't that frosting look like a chocolate staircase to heaven? I should have brought her a little carton of milk to go along with the cupcakes! (P.S. I love love LOVE my new tipping tip -I think the swirls turned out beautiful and really helping with my technique!)


Once the frosting was done, they were topped with dark chocolate crunch and shaved chocolate. What do you think?


It was an efficient weekend! An order on Saturday called for carrot cake cupcakes as well, so I was able to make them on Saturday, store them for freshness - they stay VERY fresh for about 3-4 days - and I was able to frost those right up, add some fall colored sprinkles and away we go!

Once it was almost suprise time, these little badboys were boxed up and getting ready for their suprise appearance!


Happy birthday and we hope you enjoyed your suprise from across the miles!

1 comment: