Friday, September 16, 2011

Order up: Girl's Night + Birthdays!

The order:

1 Dozen Strawberries and Champagne
1 Dozen Oreo Oh Oh


Know what I love? Repeat customers!


This order was placed a little more than a month ago which makes me smile that we can have something on the calendar that far in advance!


Christine emailed me shortly after we made the cupcakes for her daughter's first birthday (remember the adorable Dr. Suess cupcakes? Originally featured here?) to place an order to celebrate birthdays and for a girl's night. After confirming the order, into the kitchen we go!

First up, I tackled making chocolate covered strawberries. I'm not going to lie, I hate making these. Why you ask? Because I don't have a microwave to easily melt the chocolate, so I have to temper it on the stove and let's be honest...the microwave makes it so much easier. But this time, the chocolate melted just right, the strawberries were the perfect size, and voila - chocolate covered strawberries.



Next up was making the batter for the cupcakes. Into the oven they went, filling my house with the sweet smell of vanilla cupcakes! After they were done, I set them to cool and onto making the frostings!


First up, Oreo. The base of the frosting was made (how cool that both frostings start with the same base ;) - then I crushed up some Oreos, mixed them in, and got to frosting. Lesson learned from last time not to try to use a piping bag - so we piled the frosting on, topped with crumbles and an oreo. Away they went into their little box for safe keeping.

Next up, Strawberries and Champagne. I love this frosting - it smells so fresh and so delicious. I pureed the fresh strawberries and mixed with the frosting to create this beautiful girlie frosting. Added a splash of Champagne and piped right on! Topped them with the chocolate covered strawberry and placed in their home.



Once both were done, we sealed the boxes with our beautiful labeling - thanks Michelle B for the amazing logo - attached the ribbon and away they went!



Happy Belated Birthday Christine - hope you enjoy your sweet treats and birthday celebrations!


(Side note: If you counted, you are correct, there are more than one dozen of each cupcakes...that's because the 3rd order is a charm - and had a few left over so why not give the birthday girl a little extra?)

No comments:

Post a Comment