Monday, September 19, 2011

Order Up: Happy 2nd Birthday Lil Monkey!

The order:
2 dozen vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream
1 dozen Weezy's Carrot Cake

Last week, I got a call from one of my mom's co-workers Kim who was having her daughter's 2nd birthday party and wanted to order some cupcakes; no problem at all. After playing a bit of phone tag, we were finally able to talk and confirm the order. While we were talking, I asked if there was a theme and she told me it was going to be monkey's, but the cake place called her (2 days before the party mind you!!!) that she needed to pick a new theme because they couldn't do monkeys. Lame-O.

Saturday morning, it was up early and right into the kitchen to get started on the baking. The first batch we made were the vanilla cupcakes. I found a trick to help keep the cakes moist and fresh longer...instead of using all the milk the recipe calls for, substitute a 1/4 cup with buttermilk. Yummmmmmy.

Once they were done, they were frosted with vanilla frosting and topped with rainbow circle sprinkles. I think they turned out adorable!
I was so annoyed that the place told Kim that they couldn't do a monkey cake, that I decided we were going to make cupcake toppers with monkey's on them.

Hi from our new friend!(notice that the sprinkles match the polka dots on the outside rim :)
And of course we had to have a little girl monkey! How adorable!
When I dropped them off at Kim's house - the little birthday girl was sleeping, but her two older daughters were so nice and excited about the tasting party! Made me excited too!

Happy 2nd Birthday little monkey - hope you liked your cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment