Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Order up: Family Reunion!

The order:
1 Dozen Reese's Love
1 Dozen Cookie Dough

Before we get into the details of this order, can I just say how much I love blogging about every order? Well I do. I honestly love being able to reflect on each order, be real with how it happens and provide a little bit of humor and learn how to make the next order better. I look back to some of the orders from the very beginning and I'm amazed at how far this has come and how much further I can take it. But that is another post for another day!

So enough of the sappy stuff, let's get to the goodies.

A few weeks ago, one of our customers Kelly emailed me that she wanted to place an order for her family reunion. No problem at all. Once she narrowed down her flavors, off we went.

First up, the extremely popular Reese's Love. I make so many of these I think that Hershey's should give me a kickback...or maybe a years supply and some cocoa too ;) Anywho - we baked up the cupcakes, whipped up the frosting and topped them with the minis. Instead of the swirls this time we tried the round tip for decorating. Me likes how they turned out:




Now back to the regularly scheduled blog. The next batch to make were the Cookie Dough. Side note, I wanted these to be as fresh as possible since they would be sleeping overnight at Kelly's before being eaten, so I made them Friday morning. Silly me forgot that the cookie dough center needed to "set". I wound up emailing with Kelly if I could drop them off later that evening to make sure that they turned out exactly how I wanted them. It was no problem at all - we love understanding customers!!!

Once the cupcakes were baked, letting cool before cooling and filling. I remembered to stop and take a picture of the filling!


Once they were filled, it was time for the vanilla buttercream frosting to be piped on...mmmmm yummy. Topped with a chocolate chip and boxed up for their sleepover!

Hope you had a great time celebrating your family and enjoying eating cupcakes Kelly and family!

1 comment:

  1. They were fabulous and everyone raved about them!!! Thanks Kelli, I can't wait to place my next order :)

    ReplyDelete